Friday, July 1, 2011

summer movies






These are my ratings for the movies I've watched thus far this summer. Thor was a good introductory movie to a marvel character not as popular as the ones we've come to see on the big screen. Cheers to Chris Hemsworth, a fine specimen. James and I were big fans of the first Kung Fu Panda, however we were disappointed of its sequel. With its humor more geared towards a much younger audience despite Jack Black's appearance in the film, the movie didn't live up to expectations. However the ending concludes there will be a third installment which we will go watch. I was always wary of X-Men First Class due to casting and costume design. The standout actors are James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender and the rest of the cast were pretty dull, which distracted me from enjoying the film. Good parts here and there but not enough to enjoy the film overall. Super 8 was a big surprise. With such a young cast, I couldn't believe how convincing they were. It was a good plot, that keeps you hooked till the end. Not a big fan of Transformers, I went to check it out anyways. Results in: A horrific drawn out film that lacks luster. Do not see!

No comments:

Post a Comment